I learned so many things from my father and my friend.
He led me by example in the things he said and did.
There is no way to ever thank him for the lessons that he taught
How do you whittle down a lifetimes worth of lessons into a single thought?
The 10 most important things I learned from my daddy...
1. The value of FAMILY...no matter how tough things might get, never give up and always hold tight to keep your family together and strong.
2.The value of READING...it opens up so many doors of opportunity for you. It can take you places that you could only imagine before.
3. The value of SILENCE...Sometimes saying nothing speaks volumes in and of itself.
4. The value of INTEGRITY...a man's character is based predominantly on his trustworthiness. Always be sure to keep your promises and be true to your values.
5. The value of MEMORIES VS. MONEY...money is needed to get through life, but don't spend your whole life just trying to make money. You can't take it with you when you die so why not spend it on making memories with your loved ones while you are here on earth.
6. The value of INTELLIGENCE...intelligence doesn't always mean book smarts and knowing the answer to every question you are asked. Rather true intelligence lies in knowing how and where to find the answer.
7. The value of DELEGATION... You can't do everything in life and you certaintly can't do everything perfectly. Spend your time and your energy focusing on the things that you can (and should) be focusing on and delegate out the other things
8. The value of ACHIEVEMENT...It isn't so important WHAT you achieve but rather HOW you achieve it that truly matters in the end. True success comes from achieving whatever goals you set through hard work and integrity
9. The value of PERSERVERANCE...Things that are worth having (or worth doing) don't often come easy, but with time and perserverance they can be yours.
10. The value of ME...Who I am today can be attributed to the love and encouragement that I received as a child from my parents. I know that I am loved. I know that I am special. I know this because that is what my parents told me and raised me to believe. I can do whatever my heart desires if I believe in myself and work diligently towards the goal.
DADDY - I LOVE YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Any unauthorized use of materials for sale, resale or any other money making is expressly forbidden without my written consentso please contact meat: firstname.lastname@example.org such permission to reproduce for profit.